THE FAMOUS LOW CARB MOCK DANISH

Danish

Okay, so I tricked the recipe out a bit, and the results are pretty darn good too!  This recipe has been around forever, it’s fast, easy to make and tastes good.  What more do you want?

2 ounces softened cream cheese (put it in the microwave for 15-20 seconds)
1 large egg (either room temp, or put in the microwave for about 10 seconds to warm)
1 Tablespoon Swerve sweetener
1 Tablespoon vanilla
dash of salt

I whisk all the ingredients together (you need warm eggs or the cream cheese will congeal into lumps) then put it in my 6 ounce  Fiestaware custard cup, sprayed with cooking spray, and nuke it for 90 seconds.

Then I top it with Walden Farms 0 calorie, 0 carb Orange Marmalade (available at netriton.com) a few blueberries and I have breakfast!

You can also omit the jelly and add cinnamon to the mixture for a faux cinnamon danish. 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment