Sweet Eggs

 

 

NewImage

 Ahhhh, pancakes with syrup, don’t you love them?  But they’re carb laden, and I do make really good low carb waffles with almond flour, but some mornings I just don’t want to take the time.  So, instead I make sweet eggs.

My go to recipe is to put 2 eggs with 2 ounces of cream cheese 3 drops of EzSweetz and a dash of cinnamon or nutmeg  in my Vitamix or Bullet Blender and whip til frothy, then scramble in a skillet.  I used to try and make pancakes, but they were thin and runny, and it’s easier and works just as well to scramble, the taste is the same, then just eat them with Sugar Free Syrup.  I’ve used Mrs. Butterworth’s forever, it doesn’t spike insulin, it’s my fave!

So fast forward to this morning, I scrambled myself an egg + egg white and a couple of strips of bacon, I start eating and think, darn, why didn’t I  make sweet eggs instead.  Now my eggs had salt and pepper on them, but I thought “what the heck” and I doused them with Mrs. Butterworth.  They were AWESOME!  I’ll do this again, but I will dust with some nutmeg or cinnamon.  Can’t get any easier than this.

If you’re sick of eggs, give this a try, it’s a winner… ~ Jan

Update:

After posting this recipe on The Low Carb Dish (Facebook), Tyler Buhl posted her recipe for Sweet Eggs and a picture of her lunch.  Well, hers blows mine out of the water.  Here’s Tyler’s picture and how she makes hers...

NewImage

 

For this recipe she mixed together three eggs, stevia and a bit of vanilla and baked it in a loaf pan in a 350 oven until done.  Then she smeared it with butter, sprinkled it with stevia and cinnamon and popped back in under the broiler for a few minutes, topping it off with sugar free syrup.  I’m making this in the morning!

Tyler, you are a ROCK STAR!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment