Low Carb English Muffins

047

This English Muffin is a winner!  Even hubby, who is not a fan of any kind of one minute muffin liked it.  I found it on Facebook, and wish I could give credit to whoever posted it, but unfortunately I don’t remember who it was.

It’s very substantial, we split one between both of us, sometimes adding butter, sometimes cream cheese and sugar free raspberry preserves.  It’s very dense, it has two eggs, so of course you taste the egg, but the best part, the coconut flour isn’t overpowering, and I am not a fan normally of coconut flour. I think toasting it is the key, it gives it a nice crunch and base for whatever you top it with.

Hope you all enjoy this as much as we did, it’s fast, easy and yummy ~ Jan

1 tablespoon of coconut flour

1 tablespoon of almond flour

2 eggs

1tablespoon of water

1/2 teaspoon of baking powder

Tiny pinch of salt, just a very small pinch or it will be too salty, but I think it tastes flat without the salt

I whisked this and pour into an oversized ramekin sprayed with Pam.

Microwave for 2 minutes I slice in half and toast it in the toaster 

Update:  I tried making this using 1 egg and 1 egg white, also put it in my Bullet to blend.  Results weren’t as good as with two egg yolks, it was drier, the flavor wasn’t as rich and the consistency wasn’t right.  Don’t try to save 60 calories by omitting the 2nd egg yolk, it just doesn’t work and I think the Bullet over blended it, the whisk works much better. 

So, it’s back to basics for me...

No comments:

Post a Comment