The BEST Low Carb Western Dressing

 

Dressing

 

If you’re a fan of Western Dressing, you will love this!  It’s an Atkins recipe, tweaked slightly, hubby loves this stuff.  The only change I will make next time is to try making it with red wine vinegar instead of apple cider, because I thought it was just a little harsh.  It’s a keeper recipe, just a good, basic french salad dressing.

  • Ingredients:
  • 1 cup light-tasting olive oil - I used canola, I know it’s not all natural, but I do like it….
  • 1/2 cup low carb ketchup - Heinz Low Sugar
  • 1/2 cup apple cider vinegar - trying red wine next time for a smoother finish
  • 1/4 cup Splenda - I used Erythricol, because Splenda has carbs, and Erythricol doesn't
  • 1/2 tsp salt
  • 1 heaping tsp onion powder
  • 1/2 heaping tsp garlic powder
  • 1/2 tsp. heaping tsp paprika
  • 1/4 level tsp xanthan gum - this gives it the thick texture.  I dissolve my xanthan gum in a bit of oil before mixing it with other ingredients so that is disperses evenly and doesn’t clump
  • Dash hot sauce (Omit for French-style salad dressing)

Instructions

  1. Add all ingredients to the food processor or bowl with an immersion blender. Process for 20-30 seconds until well combined.

Here’s the bottle of Wishbone Western, if you’re unfamiliar with this salad dressing,  it’s been around for years and is a midwest favorite.  This recipe is surprisingly similar to the bottled version, except it’s fresh and we all know that fresh is best.  ~ Jan

NewImage

No comments:

Post a Comment