Jan's Awesome Taco Salad..

Taco

This was so good, and so easy to make.  If you love Mexican food, this is a winner.  ~ Jan

First the shell.  I bought Chicago Metallic Non-Stick Large Tortilla Shell Pans a few months ago from Amazon.  They’re not expensive, a set of 2 is $8.69 Prime. Since they were so cheap I also bought the Taco Rack.  Here’s the link if you’re interested.

Preheat oven to 375 degrees.  Brush both sides of tortillas with olive oil, put in tortilla pans and bake 10-15 minutes until brown and crisp.  I use Mission Wheat Carb Balance Tortillas, 6 carbs per tortilla, and they’re really large.

While the tortillas are baking I brown hamburger, seasoning it with cumin, chili powder, garlic powder, onion powder, salt and pepper.  I don’t measure, I just sprinkle it in, taste and adjust.  Packaged Taco seasoning has carbs, so I use my own spices instead.  I sauté the burger until it’s really brown and crispy, then drain and set aside.

I chop lettuce really finely, dice a bit of onion, a few cherry tomatoes that I’ve halved, and then start the assembly.  The burger goes in first, then the veggies, topped with a mound of shredded cheddar cheese, and finally a big dollop of sour cream and about 1/4 cup of salsa.

That’s it, quick, easy, and absolutely delicious.  I’m not sure of the carb count, but I would guestimate it to be around 10-12.  

No comments:

Post a Comment