The BEST Low Carb Chili EVER

 

NewImage

I’ve tried so many recipes for low carb chili over the years and this is by far the best.  It’s so yummy, you don’t even miss the beans.

1 lb. ground beef
1/2 lb. Bob Evans Spicy Sausage
1 medium onion
1 bell pepper (red or orange)
4 oz. cream cheese (1/2 brick) 
1 can of Rotel Tomatoes
2 cans of petite diced tomatoes (I prefer the ones with green chiles) 
1 pkt. Brooks Chili Mix Dry Seasoning
1 can drained and diced water chestnuts (optional) - I don’t add these 
1 can Beef Broth
1-3 cups chopped cabbage (I use coleslaw mix) - just add however much cabbage you want

Variation:  You can add one can of kidney beans, drained, or a half a can, or even a fourth of a can, just read the label for the carb count

Brown hamburger, onion and pepper.  Stir in the three cans of tomatoes and cream cheese, cut cream cheese into small cubes so it melts easily and cook until it’s blended.  Sometimes it’s necessary to whisk this mixture so that the cream cheese blends well and doesn’t appear curdled. Don’t just put all the ingredients in your crockpot and omit this step, you don’t want to end up with lumps of cream cheese when your chili is finished.

Put the rest of your ingredients in a crockpot, add the above ingredients and simmer on low all day or on high for 3-4 hours.

I don’t have a carb count for this, I would guestimate about 7-8 per bowl, this makes a large amount of chili.

Chips:

Brush both sides of low carb tortillas lightly with olive oil or just spray with Pam, add a little sea salt or taco seasoning, bake on oven rack at 350, watching carefully and turning often until brown and crispy

UPDATE  3.15.16

I made this chili, used an entire bag of coleslaw mix, 2 cans of beef broth because I used so much cabbage and I forgot the cream cheese.  I liked it even better this way, it tasted more like my original chili recipe.  I used a can of Rotel and 2 cans of diced tomatoes.  I may also add a can of green chiles to this...

 

No comments:

Post a Comment