Becky's Secret BBQ Sauce

NewImage

This BBQ sauce is a secret family recipe from one of my best friends, but I won’t mention which friend since it’s a secret ;)

It’s tried and true, and super easy to make, I’ve adapted it for low carb...

1 bottle Heinz Low Sugar Ketchup

fill empty ketchup bottle 1/3 full with white vinegar after you empty it

2 Tbs Splenda (EZ-Sweetz) - I substituted Sugar Free Pineapple Syrup for the 2 Tbs. EZ-Sweetz and then added an extra 2 drops

Note:  This wasn’t sweet enough, I added total of 8-10 drops of EZ-Sweetz.

1 tsp. salt

1 tsp. pepper

1 tsp. garlic powder

1 tsp. oregano

Becky’s original recipe called for pineapple vinegar, this is an old recipe, and pineapple vinegar is no longer available commercially (you can Google and find it to make your own but it won’t be carb friendly) so I substituted 2 TBS. DaVinci Sugar Free Pineapple Syrup instead of the EZ-Sweetz and then added 2 drops EZ-Sweetz.

Simmer for 30 minutes and serve.  Becky orginally made this to slather on ribs, but her family now uses it on chicken as well..

Update:  This stuff is holy grail - oh my, it’s wonderful.  I had to add more sweetener, total of 8-10 drops of EZ-Sweetz and it was perfect.  Just keep tasting until t’s sweet enough.  I just simmered this a few minutes, it was thick and yummy.

Hubby grilled chicken seasoned with Weber’s Kick’n Chicken Seasoning, and slathered this on at the end.  Spicy, yummy sweet, salty chicken...

No comments:

Post a Comment